Darth Vader goes Pop Art
click pics to enlarge
From the 2007 Vader Project. Artwork by street artists Dan & Dan. If you look closely at the picture on the right, there is Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (from “Shaun of the Dead” and “Paul”) depicted as bunnies.
- Darth Vader Shouldn’t Have Boobs There (learnfrommyfail.failblog.org)
- Darth Vader, Pee Wee Herman And Harry Potter Win Scream Awards (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Gallery: Dark Lord Conquers Earth in Star Wars: The Complete Vader (wired.com)
- Darth Vader First Pitch of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Darth Bater, A Darth Vader/Batman Mashup (geekologie.com)
- Open Darth Vader’s Head, Eat Gum [Star Wars] (kotaku.com)
- George Lucas Surprises ‘2011 Scream Awards’ to Torment Darth Vader (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- The Darth Vader (techeblog.com)
- Evolution Of Darth Vader (celebs.icanhascheezburger.com)
The Ultimate Star Trek Fan Tattoo
One of the most committed Star Trek Fans I have ever seen! via yfrog.com
- ‘The Con of Wrath’ Trailer – The Story Of The Most Infamous Star Trek Convention Ever (slashfilm.com)
- This “Star Trek” Fan Totally Looks Like Scotty (totallylookslike.icanhascheezburger.com)
- Check Out This Star Trek Themed Wedding! (since1910.com)
- To boldly go where no pureed peas have gone before: Star Trek Baby Feeding Set (geeksaresexy.net)
- RUMOR: Did Zachary Quinto Come Out In New York Magazine? (queerty.com)
- Harry Potter vs. Star Wars and Star Trek of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Star Trek Convention Disaster Documentary of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Star Trek Theme Park to Open in Jordan (techeblog.com)
- Jordan’s $1.5 Billion Star Trek Theme Park (neatorama.com)
- Did the 2009 Star Trek Movie Distort the Original Too Much? (lockergnome.com)
The movie is a prequel to the 1982 John Carpenter film (also called “The Thing”). The events of the movie takes place three days before the events of the John Carpenter film. A Norwegian scientific team discovers what seems to be a dead alien creature frozen in a crashed extraterrestrial spaceship buried in the ice of Antarctica. Paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) joins the crew’s pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton) in trying to kill the “revived alien” that can assimilate and mimic any creature it digests.
In 1982, John Carpenter’s “The Thing” received very little fanfare at the box office but has grown into a “cult classic”.
When I saw John Carpenter’s “The Thing” (1982), I thought the effects (no CGI), storyline and acting were excellent. But the reason why I think it was a box office “no show” was because people were flocking to see “E.T.” at the time. This is probably the answer to why there was no sequel to “The Thing”.
If “The Thing” (2011) stays true to the “mood” and pace of John Carpenter’s “The Thing” (1982), this may well become a very successful box office sleeper. The movie is set to be released in October 2011.
- Trailer for The Thing Prequel Starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Joel Edgerton (shoppingblog.com)
- Another Movie Trailer of the Day (thedailywh.at)
- New Poster Design for THE THING Prequel (geektyrant.com)
- ‘The Thing’ Trailer and Poster (slashfilm.com)
- First Trailer for THE THING Starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Joel Edgerton (collider.com)
- UK: ‘The Thing’ – The Official Trailer Has Landed (loupdargent.com)
- Official Image Gallery Now Open for The Thing (dreadcentral.com)
- Meet the New Thing (Trailer) Same as the Old Thing (screencrave.com)
- The Thing takes the form of a movie trailer in this new clip (digitaltrends.com)
- ‘The Thing’ Trailer (screenphiles.com)
- “The Thing” Takes Shape Again (showcasesuccess.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: The Thing Trailer! (businessinsider.com)
In 1873, a wanted notorious criminal named Jake Lonergan (Daniel Craig) awakens with amnesia and a mysterious shackle around his wrist. In the town of Absolution, the key to defeating the alien invaders is connected to the shackle and Jake teaming up with Dolarhyde (Harrison Ford) and other rivals to make a stand against them.
Cowboys and Aliens, what a strange combination… That’s like a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Looks strange, tastes great! Who wouldn’t want to see James Bond and Indiana Jones kick alien ass! The combination of great special effects with a western storyline could turn out to be a winning combination.
- Cowboys and…Aliens? (costumehub.wordpress.com)
- COWBOYS & ALIENS Review (collider.com)
- Cowboys & Aliens, First Contact. Last Stand. (arkhilario.com)
- Cowboys and Aliens Soundbites Series Part 2 – The Stars (dreadcentral.com)
- Five Reasons To See ‘Cowboys & Aliens’ (splashpage.mtv.com)
- ‘Cowboys & Aliens’ Star Daniel Craig Keeps It Cool (splashpage.mtv.com)
- ‘Cowboys & Aliens’ Review: Daniel Craig Rules The West (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Cowboys & Aliens – Read the Review & Watch the Behind-The-Scenes Videos (dreadcentral.com)
- Cowboys & Aliens Review Fun flick works better as a western than a sci-fi film. (imullins89.wordpress.com)
- Moviefone Mash: Cowboys and Aliens (VIDEO) (moviefone.com)